Monday, November 4, 2013

What's Going On?

Halloween was awesome!  Sorry no pictures...we went store diving.  Many of the stores in the area like Publix even Marshall's had Halloween crawls.  Then we ran out of gas!  Yes, in the middle of a busy thoroughfare the car sputtered and died roughly a mile or so away from the nearest gas station.  It had been rainy but the rain gods had smiled upon my husband and he made the trek rainfree and dry.  I put on the flashers, told the kids to be quiet more than a few times and got cramps in my fingers from crossing them after near hits from the drivers attempting to turn into the businesses (mostly restaurants) in which our van was conveniently blocking.  Now how about when my hubby was just crossing the street with the gas can a cop car finally pulls up behind us?  Nice timing, LPD!  Nearly thirty minutes of constant swaying between speeding cars and you finally decide to come and make sure no one hits us!  Our gas hand had been going up and down all week confusing us as to how much gas we had in the car.  Now we have a pretty good idea...hubby's gotta get the floater fixed.

Well, after that debacle we went back to our neighborhood, my husband entirely too pooped to contemplate any more store diving.  We gave out candy.  My kids enjoy this because they get to jibber jabber with all of their friends, give out candy and wear their costumes.  No complaints about not doing the "real thing" because they were having just too good of a time.  Thank goodness.

Fitness-wise...I pulled or sprained something in my right oblique/lat area this morning.  My husband wanted to rest more so he didn't go with me leaving me to my own devices.  Well, I'm extremely motivated and really pushed myself.  Apparently too much, as it were.  I did go to town with the side bends and I even added the captain's chair as my core is getting much stronger!  I didn't feel pain until I got on the row machine.  I made it through my reps but did feel pain.  I took a longish break and went on to the tricep machine (you sit and pull the handles up to work the triceps).  I didn't make it too far on that.  My side hurt entirely too much.  So then I went and cooled down on the elliptical. 

It wasn't until I got to work that I realized I might have an issue.  My side ached to the point of pain.  After an hour I got a bit more concerned.  Around 11 I was really concerned because the pain turned into a burn prompting a call to my husband.

"Sounds like you might have a minor pull.  Did you do proper form?"  I grumbled about him not coming with me to make sure I did things right but he didn't want to hear that.  He berated me for not paying more attention to my body and not trying to cram everything in.  Well maybe I did try to cram everything in to the point I cannot identify what exactly caused me to pull it.  It hurts.  Aleve be damned and the pain relieving wrap be damned!  I am in a great deal of pain still so obviously I did something that is going to prevent me from working out.

I went by the local school district office to view my daughter's artwork there.   She had been bugging me all week to remember and today was the last day.  So after the gym I went over there (grumbling about the traffic all the way). 
My budding young artist and her watercolor Charleston-style house!  She doesn't like the picture but she guesses "it will do" (her words).  She's been in the state fair and the local art museum also.

I'm knitting hats!  I got some books from the library and I am presently making a beanie from Chic Knits for Young Chicks.  Updates to come!  I need to get something done for Nanowrimo...I haven't written a word on my novel yet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment